Soil improvers to enhance your rootzone
Existing soils can be radically enhanced by introducing soil improvers and in these days of high transport costs it is always better first to consider how the soil may be improved as an alternative to removing it and replace it with fresh soil.
Products to increase organic matter and nutrition:
- Green Compost: This can be applied as a light dressing to turf and repeated for 2 to 3 years will rapidly lead to an improvement in the vigour and colour of the grass You can download the full BS1 PAS100 guidelines on the WRAP website.
- Composted manure: When incorporated at the construction stage of any process will leave a lasting legacy of healthy and vigorous grass
Products to improve drainage and water retention:
- Gypsum: Applied as a light dressing to turf will flocculate the clay, separating the tiny clay particles and facilitating drainage.
- Lime: to bring pH up to appropriate levels
- Silica sand: Washed to remove the naturally occuring silt and clay the regular application of rounded silica sand will increase the proportion of sand in the soil structure thus speeding the passage of water.
- Peat: In light sandy soils peat can be added to enhance water retention and delay the drying out process
We can supply any of these products in small bags, big bags and loose tipper loads and we can apply them to the surface if required (see Turf Maintenance Packages)
We have our own experienced maintenance teams who can help you with the following as part of a Maintenance Package or as a one-off maintenance service.